Users with appropriate rights can upload a document. This guide will show you how to upload a document as a single connectionless learning activity in ActivateLMS. Further information about the different properties and more advanced options can be found in this article.
Please note that it is best to upload a .pdf file instead of for example uploading a word document users potentially can edit.
- First enter the Administration (or Manager) tab of your Activate LMS. Please note that color and style can differ, but headlines, links etc. are located and organised the same way in all systems.
- Click on the Learning Acitivities tab.
- Now you'll be greeted by an overview of your system current learning activities. Before creating a new learning activity we need to change the activity type from Course to Document. If we skipped this part, you'd have created a course instead (which can't contain a document).
- To begin the process of creating a new document, click on the New button in the left corner.
- To upload your document, make sure that Upload file is enabled. Click Choose File and select your document. Please note that you can upload an external document by enabling External link and link to the URL and fill in the necessary information such as name, author, title, etc.
- Click on the Upload button to upload your document. Please note that it may take a while to upload. When the upload is complete, a new page will be opened.
- Fill in your desired information name, author etc. Please refer to this article (and especially the paragraph: "The learning activity types and their properties") regarding detailed information about the different fields.
- Press Insert when you're done filling out your document information.
- Great success! You have now uploaded a document!