Reports are collecting and viewing detailed information about the users use of the system and especially information about the users execution of learning activities. This collected information is divided into several report types so admins can get easier access to the desired information.
Note that SCORM packages are the only learning activity type that logs everything. A document learning activity type only logs if the user have opened the document or not. Activate LMS also logs the use of the system.
This is an elaboration of the different report types.
- Status Dashboard: This report is used to get an overview of the completion status of the learning activities.
- By User: This report is used to get details about a single users completion.
- By Course: This report is used to get details about users completion in courses.
- Question Detail: This report is used to see users answers to questions.
- Activity Matrix: This report is familiar to report By User, shows data in different format.
- Answer Matrix: This report is similar to report by Question Detail, shows data in different format.
- Activity Log: This report is used to get details about number of logins to Activate LMS, as well as numbers of times a user has started an activity.
- Total Time: This report is used to see the total time consumption for activities in days, hours, minutes and seconds.
- Completion by Organisation: This report is used to see how far an organisation is in relation to finishing assigned learning activities.
- Manager Report: This report is used to send a report with data out to managers through email.
- Enrollments: This report is used to see which courses a user is assigned and when the user were assigned. It also shows the completion status.
- User Count: This report is used to see the number of users in various organisations.
- System log: This report is used to see variety of things logged to the system.
- Shop Report: This report is used to see shopping transactions. (Only applies to sites with e-commerce Setup)
To get a better insight to which report suits your need, please refer to the table below in section "When to choose which report type".
When to choose which report type
The report types are based on the menu items of the "Reports" tab. Most report type can be filtered by specifying to and from date, organisation and learning activity. Report Types followed by a asterisk (*) is presented in pivot tables and can be customized in countless ways, but will be presented in a way accordingly to the report type.
|Report Type||When should I use this?||Can it be exported?|
|Status Dashboard||To get an quick overview of how many and which users have yet to complete or have completed the courses. Can also be sorted by learning profile, by clicking the "Learning Profiles" tab.||yes, to pdf and csv|
|By User*||To get detailed information about how users did in a course or activity.||yes, to pdf, Excel, mht, rtf, text and html|
|By Course*||To get detailed information about how a course went by showing the result of the users enrolled to it.||yes, to pdf, Excel, mht, rtf, text and html|
|Question Detail*||To get detailed information about how users answered questions in all or a single activity. Can be used to identify which issues that needs to be addressed.||yes, to pdf, Excel, mht, rtf, text and html|
|Activity Matrix||To get detailed information about how users did in a course or activity. Can be exported to different formats than "By Course" and is presented in a more horizontal way.||yes, to pdf, xls, xlsx, rtf and csv|
To get detailed information about how users answered questions in all or a single activity. Can be used to identify which issues that needs to be addressed. Can be exported to different formats than "Question Detail" and is presented in a more horizontal way.
|yes, to pdf, xls, xlsx, rtf and csv|
To get an overview of the number of logins to Activate LMS, as well as the number of times users have started an activity.
|yes, to csv|
|Total Time||To get an overview of the time consumption of a user on an learning activity.||N/A|
|Completion By Organisation||To get an overview over how far an organisation is in relation to finish assigned learning. Can also give an overview of how far an organisational unit is in relation to finish a single or multiple learning activities.||yes, to png|
|Manager Report||This report can be used to send a report with data out to managers through email. Messages are sent to the managers of the selected organisations, including any underlying organisations. This report contains data of the managers related users and how far they are with their learning activities.||N/A|
|Enrollments*||To get an overview of which learning activity enrollments a user has, when they were assigned and the completion status (completed, incomplete or passed)||yes, to pdf, Excel, mht, rtf, text and html|
|User Count||Displays the number of users in the various organisations and the assigned managers including the managers emails. If you change in the "From" and "To" date fields, you can see how many users have been created in that time interval.||
|System Log||Displays different logs. For example when a user is created, deleted, modified, when you make changes in course content. Note that the system also logs who carries out the various operations.||
|Shop Report||Displays shopping transactions for example purchases of access to learning activities.||N/A|