Users with appropriate rights can set up automatic enrollments to activities when a user joins a organisational unit. Please note that if no customised settings are chosen, the organisational unit will inherit settings from its parent organisation. If you wish to know more about organisations in details, please visit this article about the organisation in general.
- First enter the administration (or manager) tab of your Activate LMS. Please note that color and style can differ, but headlines, links etc. are located and organised the same way in all systems.
- Press the Resources button on the main toolbar.
- Now click Organisation.
- Navigate or search for to the organisational unit you wish to enroll your user to. Navigation is done by expanding "+" until the right organisation has been identified. Searching can be done in the textfield next to search. Please note that if more than three parent organisations are present, you must choose a parent organisation in the (please select organisation) dropdown menu.
- Now click the organisations associated Edit.
- Click on Automatic Enrollments.
- Click New.
- Now it's finally time to set up the automatic enrollment! You can specify the following parameters of the enrollments:
- Activity type: Select the activity type of the content you want to create an automatic enrollment rule for, (e.g. course, module, lesson etc.)
- Name: Select the Learning Activity's name
- Learning Profiles: Select the learning profile(s) the rule should apply to.
- Settings: Under settings you can specify different properties for the enrollments:
- Active: Defines whether the enrollment should be active when it is created by the automatic rule. If an enrollment is not active, the Learner will be able to see, but not launch, the Learning Activity.
- Start lag time: Set the start date of the enrollment relative to the time the rule is executed.
- Due lag time: Set the due date of the enrollment relative to the time the rule is executed.
- Expiration lag time: Set the Expiration date of the enrollment relative to the time the rule is executed.
- Lock on completion: Set the Lock on completion setting of the enrollment
- Autorenew certificate: Specifies whether activities should reactivate after a certificate expires or not. If this setting is enabled, users will be able to redo an activity automatically after a certificate expires.
- Update existing enrollments: Specifies whether users with enrollments to the relevant learning activities should be overwritten with the new rules. If this setting is enabled exisiting enrollments will be overwritten.
- Preserve active state: Specifies whether existing users should keep their active state on their activities. If this setting is enabled states to activities will preserve - if not they will be overwritten.
Click Insert to create the automatic enrollment rule. Please note that if there are current users matching the criteria they will be enrolled into the Learning Activity when Insert is clicked. If there are many users matching the criteria this may take a while.
Great success! The organisational unit has now been saved with great new information!