Users with appropriate rights to edit organisations can set up or customise the emails send automatically on different events as a part of the workflow. These events are when ... :
- ... a user is created
- ... a user receives a new password
- ... a user forgets his/her password
- ... a user receives a receipt (this is only relevant if your system is setup for e-commerce)
Please note that if no customized settings are chosen, the organisational unit will inherit settings from its parent organisation. If you wish to know more about organisations (and what you can edit) in details, please visit this article about the organisation in general.
- First enter the administration (or manager) tab of your Activate LMS. Please note that color and style can differ, but headlines, links etc. are located and organised the same way in all systems.
- Press the Resources button on the main toolbar.
- Now click on Organisation.
- You can now navigate or search for to the organisational unit you wish to set up the email templates in. Navigation is done by expanding + until the right organisation has been spotted. You can search in the textfield next to the Search button. Please note that if more than three parent organisations are present, you must choose a parent organisation in the (please select organisation) dropdown menu.
- Now click on the organisations associated Edit.
- Expand Workflow templates.
- Depending on which email template and event you wish to change, select: Edit (if you wish to change to an existing message template) or New (if you wish to create a new template). When editing an existing template please note that templates may be used by another organisational unit, and can therefore result in your template overwriting someone else's changes.
- When editing or creating a new template you'll see a text editor. Here you'll be able to set the name of the template, the language, subject name of the email and the Mail Body (the content of the email). Please note that it's possible to use tokens (like %%UserFirstName%%) to tailor the email according both to the user it's send to and the organisation it's send from. To get a complete list of the different tokens, please visit this article.
- Press Update to apply your changes.
- Great success! The organisational unit has now been added a specially customised email template!