Users with appropriate rights can create organisations or suborganisations. Please note that if no customized settings are chosen, the organisational unit will inherit settings from its parent organisation. If you wish to know more about organisations in details, please visit this article about the organisation in general.
But for now... it's time for the guide of how create an organisation:
- First enter the administration (or manager) tab of your Activate LMS. Please note that color and style can differ, but headlines, links etc. are located and organised the same way in all systems.
- Press the Resources button on the main toolbar.
- Now click on Organisation.
- At this point you have two options, depending on your intentions:
- If you wish to create a new root organisation, just press New.
- If you wish to create a new suborganisation, please direct to the proper parent organisation by expanding + until the right organisation has been spotted. You can search in the textfield next to the Search button. Please note that if more than three parent organisations are present, you must choose a parent organisation in the (please select organisation) menu.
Type the name of the chosen organisation in Organisational name.
Select (if needed) the parent organisation in Parent organisational unit. Root level organisations must not have a parent organisation (and therefore none selected must be choosen).
Select the managers of the unit. Note that only users with a role of manager can be selected in this list. It is possible to have several managers and the organisation should have at least one manager attached. To get a guided tour of how to add a role to a user please visit this link.
Click Insert to create your organisation.
- Great success! Your new organisation has now been created!
It is possible to seek out additional information about organisations in Activate LMS at this article.