Users with appropriate rights can allow access to future users. This can be done with a Challenge Code. This code ensures users are created in the right organisations. If no Challenge Code is set, users can still create themselves, but they will now be connected to the root organisation. To find, create or edit the challenge code, please follow this guide. Please note the site admin must have enabled User can self register (in Administrator > Configuration > Settings) as a precondition for this feature to be relevant.
- First enter the administration (or manager) tab of your Activate LMS. Please note that color and style can differ, but headlines, links etc. are located and organised the same way in all systems.
- Press the Resources button on the main toolbar.
- Now click on the Organisations link.
- Now select an organisation by clicking the dropdown menu (please select organisation) or search for the organisation you wish to provide access to.
- Now select the relevant organisation or sub organisation by pressing the Edit button. Please note that organisation and suborganisation has individual challenge codes to make sure the users are created in the appropriate organisation.
- Please expand the Advanced settings tab.
- Now its time to find, create or edit the challenge code of the organisation you wish to allow users to create themselves to. In the example above I've used my superior cryptic code maker skills :-)... and set the challenge code to "verySecretCode" in the field Organisation Challenge Code. Set the challenge code to your liking and finish by pressing the Update button. Please note that challenge codes must be unique.
- Great succes! Now you can provide future users with the challenge code to allow them to create themselves - and let them do all the work! Users start the creation process by clicking the New user? Create Account link located on the login screen to your Activate LMS.
It is possible to seek out additional information about users in Activate LMS at this article.
Please note that there are several ways of creating a single user or several users immediately. The different methods and a quick overview of which to choose can be seen at: What creation process to choose.