Users with appropriate rights to edit users can:
- ... edit the information stored about a user (i.e. email, username and personal information)
- ... change the users password or re-send it
- ... change the preferred language of the user
- ... edit or set an expiration date of the user
- ... change the role, organisation or learning profile of a user
All or some, depending on your moods and the weather :-)... can be done by following the guide below. If you wish to change the learning profile or organisation of multiple users at the same time please visit this guide instead.
- First enter the administration (or manager) tab of your Activate LMS. Please note that color and style can differ, but headlines, links etc. are located and organised the same way in all systems.
- Press the Resources button on the main toolbar.
- Click the Users link.
- If needed, you can now search for the specific user you want to edit. If no criteria is specified, you will be presented with a list of all the active users registered in your LMS. If you want to learn more about the options for searching, please refer to this article (and navigate to "The user section"). Press the Search button to get a list of users in line with your specified search criteria.
- Whether you specified search criteria or not, you should be presented with a list of users. After identifying the user you want to edit, press the grey Edit button.
- Now you're finally at the point where you can edit your user. If you clicked the wrong user, you can easily return to the list of users by pressing the Back to list of users button in the bottom left of the form.
- You can now change the fields that needs an update by retyping or editing the relevant fields.
- Great success! The user is now saved with brand new up-to-date information.
- You can now return to the list of users, which is still tailored to your specified criteria, by clicking the Back to list of users button.